Grilled pork steak with honey
Another win-win marinade for pork steaks. We cook on any grill, but we make the marinade according to all the rules.
• 4 spoons of soy sauce;
• 2 steaks;
• 1 spoon of honey;
• 1 spoon of granular mustard;
• 1 clove of garlic;
• 0.5 tsp. Seasonings for barbecue.
1. Carefully stuff the steaks with pieces of garlic. It can also be added to the marinade, but the particles will burn during grilling, spoiling the look.
2. Mix honey with mustard and spices. If the honey is thick and candied, it is better to melt it immediately.
3. Dilute with soy sauce. If there is no salt in the spices, we throw a small pinch.
4. Rub the stuffed pork with the prepared mixture, and marinate for an hour. You can leave longer.
5. We take out the pork and shake off the excess marinade.
6. Put the steaks on the grill, and bring them to readiness.
Chateaubriand is cut closer to the bull’s tail. This steak will combine several degrees of doneness. It is also characterized by a brown crust, which will hold all the juices inside the piece.
Pros and Cons of Chateaubriand Steak
Like the butcher’s steak, Chateaubriand is interesting in that it combines several degrees of roasting. At the same time, this type of steak is considered a classic and has a soft, creamy texture.
The Chateaubriand steak must be at least 3 cm thick so that cooking can take a long time.
Features of cooking Chateaubriand steak
The meat must be cleaned of unnecessary films and dried well. If you find veins on the meat, make small cuts on them. Such a little trick will help the steak not to lose shape during frying. Then rub the steak with salt and pepper, coat it with vegetable or olive oil, and send it to the grill – for 20 seconds at a temperature of 250 degrees on each side. Then lower the temperature and bring the steak to readiness.
The peculiarity of the Chateaubriand steak is that inside, the steak should have at least a small vein with a weak roast; that is, inside, the meat will be almost raw. If you are not a fan of this degree of roasting, hold the piece on the fire longer. It is allowed to send the steak to the oven, but you need to monitor the internal temperature of the meat. It should be no more than 55 degrees. Either way, your steak, your rules.
Grilled Mushroom Recipes
Mushroom dishes, cooked on an electric grill or in an oven, will help make your regular diet more varied and tasty. There are several variations of recipes: regular baking, marinades, or spices.
Grilled champignons, marinade
- champignons 10 pcs.
- garlic granulated
- 0.5 tsp
- 0.5 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 0.5 tsp
- olive oil
- 1.5 st. l.
Nutritional value per 100 g: Calories 98 kcal
Proteins 6.39 g
Fat 7.75 g
Carbohydrates 1.55 g
- Cut the mushrooms in half, quarters, or medium strips, depending on their size. You can leave it whole.
- Put the workpiece in a bag with a clasp, adding salt, ground pepper, and garlic. Determine how many spices to add according to your taste.
- Pour in olive oil, close the bag and mix thoroughly; let the mushrooms marinate for about 10 minutes.
- After marinating, put the mushrooms on a preheated grill, brazier, or in the oven.
- Turn over after 6-8 minutes and continue frying the other side for 10 minutes.
Important! Give the mushrooms and oil a quick stir as the mushrooms absorb liquid quickly. Otherwise, not the entire workpiece will be impregnated properly.
Mushrooms in the oven, how to pickle
- mushrooms1 kg
- 1 PC.
- hard cheese
- 150 g
- soy sauce
- 1.5 st. l.
- 1 st. l.
- seasoning for chicken
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 tsp
Nutritional value per 100 g: Calories 122 kcal
Proteins 8.13 g
Fat 9.55 g
Carbohydrates 1.59 g
- Separate the mushroom stem from the cap.
- Add 1 tbsp. l. soy sauce to them, seasoning for chicken, salt, and mayonnaise. Mix and marinate for 2 hours.
- Fry in a pan with vegetable oil and half a tablespoon of soy sauce, onions, and chopped mushroom legs until golden.
- To the fried billet, grate the cheese and mix.
- Stuff the hats, and put them on a greased baking sheet. Pour the remaining marinade over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Did you know? Many monarchs of Europe grew homemade champignons in their basements, which only people of royal blood were allowed to eat.
Whole champignons in the oven with aromatic spices
- mushrooms 800 g
- 15 g
- sunflower oil
- 5 st. l.
- wine white vinegar
- 40 g
- seasoning hops-suneli
- 0.5 tsp
- Provence herbs seasoning
- 0.5 tsp
- 0.5 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 0.5 tsp
Nutritional value per 100 g: Calories 121 kcal
Proteins 5.87 g
Fat 10.44 g
Carbs 1.72 g
- Grind the garlic on a fine grater.
- To prepare the marinade, mix all the seasonings, salt, pepper, oil, and wine vinegar in a deep bowl. Instead of the latter, you can use soy sauce. Mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Put the mushrooms in a saucepan or other deep dish, pour them with the resulting sauce and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the prepared product to a baking sheet or dish, send it to the oven, heated to a temperature of + 200 ° C for 15–20 minutes, occasionally stirring, so the dish will be juicy.
Whole champignons in the oven with aromatic spicesVideo recipe: Whole champignons in the oven with aromatic spices
Did you know? Despite the French roots of the name “champignon,” the Italians first began to eat them 1,000 years ago. This product came to France only in the 18th century.
Eating delicious food is a common desire of any person. And it seems impossible to cook well, tasty, satisfying, and dietary, but recipes with champignons cope with this.
Cooking meat and other products will be successful only if the grill is properly prepared. It is highly recommended to clean all the tools used and the frying surface after cooking. This will prevent drying fat, which is extremely difficult to get rid of.
It is equally important to use the right tools. Given the hotness of any grill, these should be long tongs and, in no case, a fork.
The readiness of the grilled beef steak is determined using a thermometer. The surface of the device must be cleaned after each use.
“You can check if a steak is done by pointing your finger at it.”
Theory: An experienced chef can determine how well done a steak is by testing its tenderness with his finger. If it is raw, it will be as soft as the base of the thumb, the tip of which is pressed against the tip of the index finger. The softness of a medium-done steak corresponds to the softness of the base of the thumb, the tip of which is pressed against the tip of the middle one, while well-done corresponds to the softness of the base of the thumb, the tip of which is pressed to the tip of the ring finger.
Reality: There are so many uncontrollable variables in this theory that it is strange how anyone can take it seriously. First, not all hands are created equal, and my thumb may be softer or harder than yours. By what finger will we evaluate readiness, in my opinion or yours?
Now let’s move on to the meat itself. Thick steaks shrink differently than thin steaks. Fatty steaks shrink differently than lean ones. The tenderloin shrinks differently than a ribeye. Now you understand why, by applying this method and cutting a steak, you can easily find that it is under or overcooked. It is especially frustrating if this happens when you first fry the expensive and marbled Kobe steak, which shrinks very differently from its leaner counterparts: the result is a destroyed steak and a destroyed ego.
Some of the truth in this myth is that if you work in a restaurant and roast the same cuts of meat regularly, you will soon be able to tell when their tenderness does them. But it is worth removing the regularity factor, and this skill will quickly disappear.
Conclusion: There is only one known way to determine the doneness of a steak with 100% reliability: a meat thermometer.
That’s all, although, on my own, I would add one more myth – “Steaks need to be peppered at the very end. Otherwise, the pepper will burn when frying.” Are there any other myths about steaks that you know?..
How to cook a delicious Top Blade steak in a pan, coals, in the oven?
Blade steak is a delicious, soft shoulder of Black Angus steak that is perfect for a family lunch or a hearty dinner party. To cook it on a grill pan or coals, you need:
- black, allspice, Sichuan and white peppers;
- olive oil;
- coarse salt.
- Remove the Top Blade steak from the package and leave for 1-2 hours.
- Crush the pepper mixture in a mortar. Mix with salt.
- Rub the meat with olive oil and bread in a fragrant mixture of pepper and salt.
- Preheat a grill pan (hot coals) and cook the steak to Rare for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Leave the meat to rest under the foil for 3-4 minutes.
The lengthy method of cooking marbled beef in the oven softens the veins and makes the Top Blade steak “melt in your mouth.” The workflow looks like this:
- Marinate the meat for frying in a pan.
- Heat the pan and fry the pieces for 30 seconds on each side. This is necessary to create a crust on top and retain the meat juice inside.
- Put any vegetables in the culinary sleeve, and sprinkle them with oil and salt.
- Put the steak on the vegetables, and pour 50 ml of white wine over it. Tie up. Bake at 150°C for 40-60 minutes.
How to properly cook a steak?
Choose the right oil.
One of the key things to keep in mind when frying a steak is choosing the right oil, as steaks are fried at high temperatures, up to 150 degrees Celsius. Therefore, the steak can only be fried in ghee, rapeseed, or refined olive oil. However, it is worth emphasizing that a large amount of fat is not necessary for the steaks to brown beautifully because the brown color is due to the reaction of proteins and sugars, so if you have a non-stick pan, fat-free, you can successfully fry in it meat without added fat.
Use a spatula, spatula, or tongs, preferably wood or silicone, to turn the steak inside or out of the mold. Remember that you can’t prick the meat with a fork, which will cause all the juice to flow out and lose its taste and aroma.
What happens if you eat a half-baked pork steak?
Poor roasting of pork meat is very dangerous for health. The muscle fibers of this animal are not so dense, so bacteria, parasites, and a large amount of blood are more easily stored in them. During heat treatment, the harm of the above is leveled. In any case, it is better to purchase meat from trusted suppliers with quality certificates. So the security will be maximum.
What else can be used as a marinade?
It entirely depends on personal preference. It can be horseradish with sour cream, cucumber pickle, mayonnaise sauce, or any marinade used for cooking pork skewers. Even tomato juice mixed with salt and onion half rings will do.
Do I need a sauce if there is a marinade?
When cooked in a marinade, pork is full of flavors and rarely needs additions.
If you want sauce or the meat was overdried, it is important to ensure that the components of the sauce and marinade do not conflict with flavors.
If cooking takes place without marinade, when do salt and pepper?
It is better to salt before turning it over a second time. Pepper at the very end of cooking before sending the meat to rest. Ground pepper burns easily, so it is not added at the beginning. Salt interferes with sealing juices and draws out water.
How can you tell if a steak is done?
You need to press the piece and look at the juice gently. It must be free of blood. You can also carefully cut the meat and check the color and texture of the pulp; it should be uniformly whitened, with a slight pinkness, and fibrous.
Pork steak is in no way inferior to beef or lamb steak if it is cooked correctly and with love. You can enjoy the dish with an open fire in nature and at home, regardless of the weather and season.
What to serve with?
The simplest and most successful side dish for a steak is a fresh vegetable salad seasoned with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Vegetables and greens contain a sufficient amount of acid that improves the digestion of meat. This side dish is quite light and perfectly emphasizes the taste of the steak.
An alternative to a fresh salad is grilled vegetables. You can grill your favorite seasonal vegetables. Tomatoes, mushrooms, eggplants, corn, bell peppers, and zucchini are combined with steak. Season vegetables with salt and pepper after cooking, just like meat – this will keep them juicy.
Suppose you want to complement the steak with an original side dish and cook caramelized vegetables like onions or carrots. You need to fry them in butter; you can add a little honey.
Cooking a veal steak on the grill is not difficult; the main thing is to choose the right meat and follow the recommendations of professionals. Do not cut the meat into too thick and too thin pieces, salt and pepper after frying, and do not rush to cut the steak immediately after cooking.
How do you feel about the grill?
The grill comes with a recipe book – a must-have feature of REDMOND. It tells in detail the process of preparing products and how to set up the grill for each dish.
I just had beef medallions. I did almost everything according to the instructions, except for soaking. Honestly, I just wanted a piece of meat as soon as possible.
I pressed the lid and set the Medium program (medium roast). After about 6-7 minutes, the grill squealed.
I open it, and everything is ready. I put it on a plate and thought. Something is missing. And I’ll add some scrambled eggs on top!
Yes, just like that: I broke an egg into one of the panels and opened it 180 degrees.
It turns out almost like a frying pan or an open grill – it’s convenient to “finish” vegetables and something else simultaneously after meat.
After a minute and a half, I laid out the scrambled eggs directly on the meat, cut it, and I will not hide it.
Popular types of steaks
It is impossible to count all types of steaks. There are many recipes, most of which are used only in certain regions. But the most popular types are:
- Ribeye – a rough cut from a rib with a fatty layer;
- Striploin – a thin cut from the dorsal part with a fatty layer;
- New York – a thin cut from the dorsal part without a fatty layer;
- Teebone – fillet and thin edge on the T-shaped bone;
- Angleterre – the inner side of the shoulder blade;
- Cafe de Paris – the soft part of the shoulder blade;
- Quasimodo – a piece from the lower back;
- Montevideo – a piece of rump;
- Roundramb – the upper piece of the pelvis;
- Club steak – thick edge of the infraspinal muscle;
- Sirloin – a piece from the thigh;
- Rum steak – thin slices, carefully beaten;
- Porterhouse – a large piece from the lumbar part;
- Filet Mignon is a “perfect” piece of round muscle, the only one in the body of a bull.