This is not newfangled know-how but an ancient recipe already known in the times of Hippocrates and Avicenna. Women took this composition to rejuvenate the skin and strengthen hair, and men to strengthen muscles and potency. What are the myths here, and what is the true truth – let’s figure it out together.
Nuts with honey – what are the benefits
Each product included in this mixture is a storehouse of healthy components. How and why people thought of combining these two products in such a way remains a mystery of history. But it turned out very well.
It makes no sense to list all the ingredients; let’s discuss how this mixture affects the body.
For the cardiovascular system
Walnuts with honey can reduce the level of bad cholesterol in the blood; this reduces the risk of atherosclerosis. As you know, atherosclerosis affects the vessels, making them narrow and fragile due to cholesterol deposits. This results in:
- to circulatory disorders;
- increased blood pressure;
- The heart, brain, and muscle tissue are ischemia due to lack of oxygen.
Only three nuts per day (up to 10 with heavy loads) in combination with 1 tbsp. A spoonful of honey can prevent stroke and heart attack – a collapse that claims more lives every year than cancer, which everyone fears.
For brain function
It is no coincidence that the walnut kernel is similar to the human brain. The appearance of this core is a clear clue to a person – eat it daily so that your brain receives the necessary nutrition and functions as smoothly as a Swiss brand watch. And honey is a very important and pleasant addition to this:
- firstly, nuts are much tastier with honey;
- secondly, glucose and fructose, which honey is rich in, is an excellent energy supply for neurons.
Due to fatty acids, the walnuts themselves contribute to the preservation of neural connections, improving memory and postponing senile dementia indefinitely.
For the nervous system
B vitamins are abundant in both components of this energy balm, which has a beneficial effect on the nervous system in general, and on the integrity of the myelin sheaths of nerve fibers in particular. B vitamins and trace elements:
Contained in this mixture give wonderful effects:
- reduce irritability;
- relieve insomnia, increase the duration and improve the quality of sleep;
- prevent depression.
Walnuts with honey for men
In addition to the universal bonuses that a person receives with the regular absorption of this mixture, there are also specific ones, considering gender. For men, this mixture is very desirable:
- This composition promotes spermatogenesis due to the total content of more than 60% of healthy fats in the components of the mixture and more than 30 micro and macro elements that play not the last violin in this orchestra;
- this composition stabilizes the hormonal background of a man, thanks to which, for many years, he is provided with a stable libido and erection;
- the high content of easily digestible protein in walnut kernels promotes muscle building, especially when combined with exercise;
- after heavy physical exertion, honey with nuts quickly restores the body’s strength and allows you to operate your own body without much energy loss.
How is this mixture prepared?
It is believed that to prepare a healing mixture, it is necessary to take the nuts in the shell and clean the kernels directly during the preparation of the drug. Usually, such harvesting is done at the end of August, when the nuts are already ripe at the last pumping out of honey.
Walnuts with honey are useful not only in a duet, but some useful and tasty additions are also acceptable:
- If you add dried apricots and prunes as ingredients, you get a healing balm that is very useful for restoring strength after a serious, prolonged illness, after exhausting physical exertion, after childbirth and chemotherapy;
- If you include fresh lemon in the composition, then this mixture will be an indispensable tool for cleaning blood vessels, lowering blood pressure in hypertensive patients, as well as to relieve swelling and inflammation due to the diuretic properties of the composition;
The classic composition is prepared as follows:
- 400-500 g of peeled walnut kernels are taken for 1 liter of liquid honey;
- the kernels must be dry; they can be broken by hand into four parts;
- they are placed in a clean glass container, poured with honey, tightly closed with a lid, and cleaned in a dark, dry place;
Although there is no need to insist on this composition, it is ready for use from the moment of preparation.
The calorie content of such a mixture is high – 640 kcal per 100 g of the finished product, but you should not take more than 3 tbsp. Spoons a day, and then only during the rehabilitation period, and for prevention, three teaspoons a day are enough.
Green walnuts with honey
This balm is made from unripened walnuts; the nuts’ shells and milk kernels are used. The composition itself will be a little bitter, but honey will brighten up this bitterness, and the benefits from it will be very tangible:
- this mixture is recommended for decreased libido and impotence in men;
- it is recommended as a prophylactic against prostatitis;
- it helps restore metabolism, especially after childbirth for young mothers; the mixture also stimulates lactation;
- it is a wonderful remedy for migraine headaches;
- it will improve the composition of the blood and increase the content of hemoglobin in it;
- such a composition will strengthen the heart muscle as a prophylactic against myocardial infarction.
Recipe for a mixture of green walnuts with honey
This sweet medicine is not difficult to prepare. It has a beneficial effect on people who have problems with the heart and thyroid gland. The main thing here is to have the right ingredients on hand:
- green walnuts, collected in early-mid July – 1 kg;
- fresh pumping honey, not settled – 1 kg.
- Rinse the nuts, dry them, and cut them into slices.
- Put them in a clean glass container and pour honey.
- Close the jar with a lid and put it in a dark, cool place for two months.
- After this time, strain the composition, carefully squeeze the pomace, and mix, and the product is ready for use.
Take it no more than one teaspoon three times a day before meals.
Walnuts with honey in cooking
Such a mixture, first of all, is a food product. You can take it to work or on the road as a snack. You can skip one meal altogether if you drink a cup of strong tea with this unique dessert instead. And you can even bake a cake, very tasty and nutritious. Since the topic of our article is walnuts with honey, we bring to your attention a recipe for such a cake.
Hazelnut Honey Cake Recipe
This cake is prepared quickly because condensed milk with sour cream is used as a cream.
- flour – 1 cup;
- granulated sugar – 0.5 cups;
- walnuts – 2 cups;
- potato or corn starch – 2 tbsp. spoons;
- honey – 3 tbsp. spoons;
- eggs – 3 pcs.;
- baking soda – 1 tsp. a spoon;
- salt – 0.5 tsp.
- condensed milk – 1 can (450g);
- sour cream – 1 cup.
- Beat honey, sugar, and eggs well with a mixer;
- Kill the nuts in a blender or grate on a fine grater.
- Combine honey-sugar-egg mixture with flour, starch, and ground nuts.
- Pour the mass onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper or into a mold in a thin layer.
- Bake the cakes in several steps in an oven heated to 180 ° C and cool them.
- Beat condensed milk with sour cream until a thick fluffy mass and apply it to the cakes, stacking them on top of each other.
- Sprinkle the top layer with crumbs and ground nuts.
- Let soak for 1-1.5 hours and serve.